At Pulvers, Pulvers & Thompson, L.L.P., we fight for compensation for those who have been injured by dangerous products. We have secured compensation in cases involving a wide range of products, including:
- Defective drugs
- Medical devices, including transvaginal mesh
- Dangerous toys
- Auto parts such as seat belts, air bags and tires.
Who Is Responsible For Dangerous Products That Cause Injuries?
If you, your child or another loved one has been hurt because of a defective product, several parties may share responsibility:
- Designer — Design defects occur when a product's flawed design makes it inherently dangerous. For example, if the designer of a product fails to include an important safety feature, he or she could be liable for damages in a personal injury claim.
- Manufacturer — If the product was designed safely, but an error in the manufacturing process rendered it unsafe, the manufacturer may be responsible under the law. Manufacturing defects may be caused by faulty manufacturing equipment, failure to follow instructions or other negligence on the part of the manufacturer.
- Distributor — A business that sells or installs a dangerous product when it knows or should know about the potential harm may be found liable.
Insufficient safety warnings and instructions may also justify a product liability lawsuit. If you believe that negligence may have caused the accident that hurt you or injured your child, we encourage you to join us at our Midtown Manhattan office for a free initial consultation.
Talk To A Lawyer At No Charge
Serving New York City For More Than 70 Years
We accept personal injury cases on a contingency basis, which means we only collect attorney fees if we secure compensation for you. To learn more and discuss your case with one of our highly skilled product liability lawyers, please contact us online or call 646-569-9769.